Saturday, October 25, 2008

CancerCare Continued . . .

Once again I am impressed with how quickly the medical system is working for me.

I got a call from CancerCare Manitoba yesterday saying they had an opening on Thursday, October 30, at 9 AM, and would that be convenient for me? Heck yeah, of course!

How's that for quick? We went from waiting for weeks to waiting for days! Yippee!

Having never been through this process before, I am not sure what to expect from the first visit, but I am hoping that the doctor will be able to lay out a treatment plan for us, give us information on the chemo drugs they will be using, the side effects I can expect, the schedule for appointments, and all that interesting and important stuff. I just hope I am recovered enough from the surgery to be able to start the chemo soon. I will of course be taking along my Rock, The Old Boot, to the appointment, and will of course update this blog to keep all of you dear readers in the know.

-- Lori

No comments: