Tuesday, October 28, 2008

And Now For Something Completely Different . . .

Last night, my mom and I had a rare treat - we went to a play!

Through the kindness of friends, we were given two tickets to see Pride and Prejudice at the Manitoba Theatre. So away we went. The Old Boot was kind enough to drop us off and pick us up so we didn't need to worry about parking and then getting into a cold car to get home. The play ran from 8 PM to about 10:40. By the middle, I was getting sleepy because I have been hitting the hay at about 9 PM, but a couple of times I rested my head on mom's shoulders for a bit, closed my eyes, had a mininap, and managed to stay for the whole thing.

If you're a Jane Austen fan, especially if you love Pride and Prejudice, then you're probably like me and are rather sceptical of any production that tries to stuff all the action of the book into two and a half hours. But the playwright did not too bad a job and got all the important bits in. I did miss some of the characters and scenes that were left out, though. I guess I'm a purist at heart.

Anyway, if you have an inkling you'd like to see the play, I can tell you that it is enjoyable and rather humorous.

-- Lori

No comments: