Friday, March 27, 2009

Yesterday's Appointment . . .

As I expected, yesterday's appointment with Dr. Cutie was basically just to touch base about the side effects of the chemo. We also talked about pain control because the pain is, over time, getting worse. When it's bad, it's like someone has thrust a sharp dagger up under my right ribs, making moving around rather a trial. Basically, for pain control, the doc says to take as much medication as I need; if it gets to where I am needing a certain amount per day, he will give me stronger drugs.

We asked about the size of the tumor. It appears that it hasn't grown much, if at all, since the MRI in January. I would much rather have heard that the tumor had shrunk, but them's the brakes.

On the brighter side, on Tuesday Transcona Collegiate's Global Issues Group held a CancerCare fundraising talent show concert, where they raised over $350.00 for CancerCare. There sure are some talented students at our schools! The last half of the concert was a band called Premonition that played for about half an hour - very good music, very professionally done, and all by four high school kids. I was impressed.

Mac the dog seems to be holding his own, although his hacking cough seems to be getting a bit worse. We should be seeing the vet next week to find out if the growth in his mouth is cancer or not.

That's it for me today. Have yourselves a wonderful weekend!

-- Lori

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HI Lori
Nice to read your blog. Hope you can get that pain managed. I haven't seen you peeking out your window too often. One of these days I WILL knock and see if we can share a few minutes. Take care, my dear and do keep in touch. ..c