Friday, January 2, 2009

What I Did on New Year's Day . . .

There is an old superstition that says that anything you do on New Year's Day, you will do all year long. So, in order to avoid housework and other such mundane unpleasantness for the upcoming year, I went to visit Bear yesterday.

Thought you might enjoy some pics.

I should mention that I was wearing mittens with rabbit fur backs; for some reason, all three horses were just enthralled with them! They all had to have a good snuffle and a long feel with their noses and lips. Both Esme and Bear actually tried to make off with the mittens! Bear is quite the thief and loves to grab stuff and wander away with it, but I don't think Esme usually does things like that.







-- Lori

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What wonderful pictures Lori thanks so much for sharing them with us. Such a wonderful gift to receive from your sister. Reminds me of the days I had my horses. Looks like you have lots of snow...I sure don't miss it. Got up to 75 degrees here in Austin today. Wishing you all the best for the new year.

Sincerely Jan Wilkes-Baldwin

Anonymous said...

Hi Lori,
I see Bear still likes to give hugs.

Take care,
Sharon Q.

Anonymous said...

Hi Lori - I have been keeping up with your blog info and I am just thrilled you got yourself a horse! I too love horses and recently (since fall) have been volunteering at a ranch (regularly Thursday nights) and any other day I can manage. My dream also was to have a horse some day - something my husband assured me would happen. So instead - I am just hanging around them and still believing I will own one also. Bear looks like just an amazing little guy - good for you! I think of you often and pray for you - if you ever need a ride to see your horse, call me - I would love to visit him with you! Love you Lori - and I miss you so much here at work! Love Darleen Cherniak

Tery Emilson said...

Hey kiddo ...

Nice to see the pics of you and the horse. Didn't you used to have a horse when we were kids? Seems to me yes ... all I can remember are piles of 'Western Horseman' everywhere, with me coveting the cowboy boots! (I just got a new pair of lizard boots last month for $100. Amazing the prices here in mex!)

Things are great here in Zacatecas. Weather is beautiful which is weird. Usually in January we are FREEZING! But I suppose it must be that global warming. This year we're in t-shirts.

Well hang in there Lori.

Tery