Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Chemotherapy Again . . .

Yesterday's chemotherapy session was the second-last of this series, so I go again next week, then I get a one-week break from chemo. So far, no side effects. Last week's itch was definitely less intense than the week before. Dr. Cutie says this decrease in intensity is normal, so I'm hoping that after a few more treatments I may not get any itch at all.

However, I was feeling pretty rotten this morning. Not because of the chemotherapy, you understand, but because of the morphine. It slows your body systems down to a crawl, particularly your bowels, until your body gets used to it. I was in quite a bit of discomfort today with lots of gas pains. Funny, I never had gas pains before except when I was pregnant. These, however, are much more intense and nasty. I had a really good sleep this afternoon and am feeling much better this evening. I seem to have got my system back on track.

I am so glad you are enjoying the pictures of Bear and me that I posted. Here's another one.



Wish the weather was just a little bit nicer so I could go out and see him every couple of days, but it ain't, so I cain't.

-- Lori

PS: Here's a piece of cowboy wisdom we should all remember: Never squat with your spurs on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your daily quotes. I check in just to see them and if there is writing that is a big bonus.

Karen Lumley

Anonymous said...

Hi Lori:

I don't think there is a day that goes by that I don't think of you and miss your bubbly personality around here!! You sure got a wonderful gift from your sister in Bear ... I hope that he brings you many, many good times in the New Year.

Take care .. Chickiepoo - B/O