Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Third Chemotherapy Dose . . .

My third dose of chemotherapy was yesterday afternoon. So far, no nausea or itching. I'm sure the itch will return tomorrow, but we'll just have to wait and see.

The chemotherapy went very well. With the PICC line in place, life is a lot easier beause there are no nurses trying to stick me with needles. I just go get blood taken from the line, they test my blood to make sure it's healthy, then they order up my chemo concoction, hook me up to it and away we go. It takes about an hour and a half, all told, if I get in right away.

I made a major tactical error yesterday. I carry my MP3 player with me so I have something to listen to while I'm being infused. The Old Boot accompanied me yesterday, and he was looking rather bored while we were waiting for the blood test results, so I handed him my MP3 player and turned on some music for him. Big mistake! He wouldn't give it back! That was okay, though - it kept him amused and out of trouble, and I had some tatting with me to keep me amused. However, in future I must remember not to offer him the MP3 player if I want to use it myself.

I went out for a wee walk this morning to see what the weather was like. What a change from the last few days! This morning -18 feels quite balmy compared to what we have been having! Iknow it isn't going to stick around long, but at least we are having a small break from the deep freeze.

I don't have much else to say. Things are moving along slowly, and I have good days and not-so-good days. Still trying to put on some weight, still trying to eat as much as I can, which some days is not much. I am still waiting to hear when the radiation will begin and I expect it will be around the end of January when I start the second round of chemotherapy.

Have yourselves a good day!

-- Lori

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have a good day too Lori. Much hope, peace, love and joy during this Christmas to you and the fam. Sure miss you at work, and have been thinking about you so much. I hear the weather is looking up for this week, so if you are up for a little walking, let me know.
Sherri J.

SugarB said...

Merry Christmas Lori to you and your family. The weather here in Texas is in the 70's today but did go through a cool patch this past week.

Am not posting much, but do keep an eye on your blog, wishing you all the best.

Jan Wilkes Baldwin

Canadian Dreams said...

Thinking of you today, Lori, as always. Take courage! You are an inspiration to me.
Brenda W.