Wednesday, May 27, 2009

What a Beautiful Day . . .

Hiya, folks!

It sure is a beautiful day out there with the sunshine, a light wind, and warmth. FINALLY!

I'm feeling better this week than I have for the last couple of weeks. I'm getting better sleep because of a very simple thing: I changed the sheets on my bed. Since I have no body fat, I get cold very quickly, so we put microfibre sheets on my bed and I have been sleeping in flannel pajamas. I was warm as toast all winter long. In the last few weeks, however, I have noticed that I was waking up every time I had to roll over, and I had a hard time rolling over. Not that I toss and turn much in bed, but I thought it was odd, waking up every time and finding it such hard work. Then it came to me: flannel and microfibre act a bit like velcro in that they stick together, so every time I tried to roll over, it was quite a chore. So we changed my bed sheets to cotton percale. Problem solved. I still wear my flannel jammies, though.

My hands are still tingly from last week's oxalyplatin treatment, but it is wearing off. I notice it most early in the morning.

I have been feeling much better since Dr. Cutie drained the fluid from around my organs. I used to feel about nine months pregnant; now I feel about six months pregnant. Probably the biggest difference is that it changed my centre of gravity. With the load of fluid, my balance was a little off and now I am a bit better balanced. Also, I was able to go and buy some maternity jeans that fit so I am no longer stuck in coveralls. Loved the coveralls, but they weigh about ten pounds and are trickier to get on and off than jeans, especially when you have to get to the bathroom in a hurry.

We got out to my sister's to see the horses on Saturday. Unfortunately, Pearl was a bit gimpy so we didn't even attept any riding. I wasn't feeling very strong myself, so I was happy to just give her a good grooming and lots of ear scratching.

I should tell you that Rusty has fast become a part of the family. He has exceptionally good manners for a dog that wasn't raised as a housedog. Now if only he would stop shedding.

Enjoy your afternoon!

-- Lori

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Lori,
So happy to hear you're feeling a bit better, it must be quite the relief to have the fluid drained. Pearl says "thank you for the awesome grooming!" and Rusty says "thanks for the compliment!" Been crazy busy around here, Alex and I both turned 50, and had our 20th anniversary on the 27th as well. Old timers now for sure! Hope you feel good through this next week too.
Love Bev Johnston