Tuesday, November 4, 2008

What Beautiful Weather . . .

I can hardly believe that today is the fourth day of November and that we are having such gorgeous, warm fall weather!

For me, the nice weather is a particular blessing because I can go out for my walks without being bundled up to my eyes against the cold, and I can still wear my comfortable walking shoes instead of my clunky winter boots.

Yesterday mom and I went out for a bit - had to pick up some stuff - and we got back to the house about 11:30. Mom suggested that a nice nap in the warm sunshine would do me some good, so I got an old blanket and a pillow and proceeded to have a lovely bask in the backyard, the sun streaming down and warming me, the little bit of breeze that could reach me ensuring that I didn't get too warm. I even had company: our old mutt, Mack, curled up beside me in the grass and one of our cats joined me on the blanket. I stayed outside until about 1 o'clock when the clouds started to move in and obscure the sunshine. Ah! Lovely!

How often do we Winnipeggers get to do that in NOVEMBER???

-- Lori

No comments: