Friday, November 21, 2008

Another Week Come and Gone . . .

Here we are, Friday again.

It's funny how little the days of the week mean when you're not working. Fridays used to be important: "Yay, no work for the next two days!" But now a Monday is just the same as a Friday. The only way I can keep track of the days is by what my kids and husband are up to and by what's on TV in the evening. Sad, really. And quite boring.

Wednesday night was TCI's fall concert. It was terrific! The grade 11/12 band performed one of my all-time favorite pieces called "Mars", one of the movements from "The Planets" by Gustav Holst. It's such a powerful piece of music, with a strident, driving rhythm and a melody so loaded with menace that it fills you with dread. You can almost see the deadly machines of war in front of you and smell the smoke and stench of death all around you.

Doesn't sound like a nice piece of music at all, does it? And it's not. But it's moving and makes your heart pound. If you have never heard "The Planets" and like classical music even just a little bit, I recommend it.

Tonight I go for my MRI scan at Health Sciences Center. I already have an appointment next Thursday to see Dr. Cutie and get the results.

In the weight department, I gained back the one pound I had lost, so I'm exactly the same weight as I was when I started taking the pancreatic enzymes. This is a good thing, although I would be happier if I had gained a few pounds instead of just reclaiming one.

Oh, well, all things in good time.

-- Lori

No comments: