Saturday, August 8, 2009

Ends and Beginnings

It was a rough fight, but mom finally passed away. This morning I was woken by Nana and informed that mom was unable to speak or move. Family members rushed from here and there to be there with mom (Dad will probably have several speeding tickets... atta boy). The nurse came in and informed us that she had slipped into a coma and was passing away. Tara and Auntie Berta were both in the room when she passed away very shortly after the nurse left.

Thanks goes out to everyone who kept up with mom during this tumultuous battle. She really appreciated the visits and in her illness truly came to see how loved she was by her friends and family.

There will be a "Memorial Tea" on Thursday at 7 PM at Wheeler Funeral Chapel on Regent. All are welcome.

Thank you for coming with us on this difficult journey. While we heal and grow, we will never forget her.

--Kyra

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Over the last year I have gotten to know Lori through my wife and family. And have found my self attached to her and her battle. Today I lost a friend I have never met. My heart goes out to all the family.
Dan Smith

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear of Lori's passing ... the fight is over now and she is free of pain. My condolences to you all. Sincerely
Janice Wilkes-Baldwin