Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Tara's Update

Hey everyone!

It's been awhile since Mom last posted on EvictionTeam. She hasn't really had the strength to do it so I decided to take over keeping everyone updated in her place.

Over the past few weeks Moms been feeling weaker and weaker. She's always tired but has been having trouble sleeping. She's having alot of trouble getting around the house on her own and has to use a cane, someone as support or use the 'patient chair' (a small version of a wheelchair in case people don't know what a patient chair is). She's been spending her days watching TV, speeling and, I don't know for sure, but I would imagine reading the days away. It's a struggle for her to get up and only does so when necessary.

I overheard Nana saying we were getting a walker for Mom sometime but I don't know the final verdict on that notion. I was eavesdropping when that was discussed but they weren't talking quietly so it wasn't my fault! I was going downstairs to the kitchen to make myself some tea! It's not my fault they were at my kitchen destination!

Her throat is also weaker aswell. When she talks it sounds like she's about to cry. And I quote her comment about it to Steinhilber when he came to visit "It sounds weird to you but it feels weird to me!".

Her chin/jaw is much better now in case anyone was wondering. Her jaw can chew chewy food again but her stomach is very small now and she can't stand hard food as much anymore.

But on another note Mom is still in pretty high spirits all things considered. She is finding it harder to control her emotions lately. Any agitation in our house can cause her to become upset so it makes her happy to see smiles and whatnot all around. I'm actually tempted to go buy a 'My Little Pony' banner and tape it to her wall in her bedroom but I doubt she would find it funny for long. As much as she likes smiles and rainbows and ponies/horses (can't forget those!) she can only stand happy bright colours for so long. We are the same that way. We both prefer the stronger colours.

No 'adventures' have really happened since her last post. I graduated so Mom got her wish of being able to be there for it, and a bunch of her friends got to visit a few times. She really enjoys visits but the time limit has drastically dropped to forty-five minutes tops.

Speaking of visits Mom has recieved many bouquets of flowers and treats. She thanks you all for them! They are greatly appreciated!

One visit that happened today actually is my sisters friend, Cole I think it was, wants to jog from Mexico City to Winnipeg to raise money for cancer in my moms honour. Mom has never met Cole before, I don't know if he was at the house or if Kyra was just talking about it, and doesn't really know what to think about it. She is flattered, most deffinatly, but other than that has no idea how to react. I for one can't help but shed a few tears everytime that conversation comes to mind.

It's amazing how powerful the grape vine can be; It can wreak havoc in more ways than one but can give so much strength to the average man that they can something so magical for the less fortunate.

I don't know if Cole will really go through with it, just the fact he thought of doing such a thing brings joy to my heart. But if he's really going to jog, even if it's not the original distance he said, I for one will be forever greatful.





If anyone wants to drop by for a visit you'll need to book an appointment. I don't know the time of day that her strength is at it's fullest so drop us a call and we'll see what happends.

I won't post our number because I don't feel comfortable putting it on the internet and I don't know the privacy setting Mom set on this blog. And no we're not listed in the phone book so you'll have to get the number through the grape vine.

Oh the grape vine . . . such a complicated thing . . .

Posted by
Tara Lin Ludman

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the update on your mom Tara, much appreciated. My hubby and I are up here in Canada for the summer and finally got the internet installed in our 5th wheel. Please pass on a hello to your mom from me, I used to work with her at RETSD. I retired in 2005. I think of her often and will keep an eye out for your updates.

Janice Wilkes-Baldwin

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the update, Tara. If you're not a big part of the grape vine, you come to rely on this blog.

{{{Hugs}}} and prayers to all of you -- always in my thoughts,

Claudia

Anonymous said...

Thank you Tara for the update. I have been checking this site regularly to see if there is any. Please pass on to your mom that we are thinking of her everyday and sending her many, many good wishes and thoughts. (As well as to the rest of the family)

Eleanor Shaw (Lloyd)

Anonymous said...

Thank you Tara for the update. All my love to your mom. xo

Anonymous said...

Thank you Tara for your update. Please tell your mom that she is in my thoughts and prayers every day.

Eleanor Shaw (Lloyd)

Steve Noel said...

Hi my name is Steve Noel a friend of Kyra's. I wanted to let you know Cole, Justin and myself will be running from Mexico to Winnipeg and it is 100% go! we will do this!

Anonymous said...

Hi Tara,
I am a co-worker of your Mom's and I personally would like to say that I believe you Mom would be so proud of you and her family. She was an amazing person that will always be in our hearts. I lift my hat to you an your family and I believe she is smiling in her "Mom's smile" right now, (I think you know what I mean.

You are all in our thoughts.